Sunday 30 November 2014

Boatlife- Omars Birthday!!

Hey everyone!!! I hope y'all had a great and productive week!

My weekend was spent with family. My (not so) baby cousin Omar, turned 21!
All Omar's close friends and family were invited to celebrate at Westminster Pier on a snazzy boat ride around the River Thames. We all got dressed up, mingled, ate and danced the night away.

I chose to wear another simple chic outfit. A black fitted blazer from the Kardashian Kollection, a gold lace shirt and a pair of high-waisted tailored trousers. The little details in each of these pieces, are what made this outfit classic for the occasion.

 
BLAZER- Kardashian Kollection
SHIRT- Charity Shop
TROUSERS- My Mama
SHOES- Monkey Schuu


The emphasized shoulder pads, add structure to this blazer. I paired it with a gold shirt, as it really softened the structure complimenting the shape. The collar and cuffs, highlight the gold detailing. I chose a plain pair trouser to bring the look together. Although the trousers are simple, the fit is what tied the whole look in. The cropped leg and tailoring, teamed with a nude shoe allowed for a sleek overall look.


I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my family. To celebrate the life of my handsome (not so) little cousin was a blessing. I really value my family. Even if I don't see them often or speak with them as much as I would like, I love them dearly. I try not to take them for granted. It's so easy to get wrapped up and consumed with work and everyday living, but it's so important to cherish your loved ones.
Now that my cousins and I are older, although we live distances away from each other, we're developing new bonds and friendships. It made me smile to see Omar on his birthday! He threw himself a grand little boat party for us all to enjoy! I'm super proud of him and excited to see his journey as a young man!







STYLE TIP: We all take extra care of the things we like, love and value... Take that extra care with the people you like, love and value!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig