Monday 2 March 2015

DR MARTENS

#Adventure Time

A classic black leather boot, with distinctive yellow stitching, gained popularity in the 1990s as the grunge fashion arose. When I think about Dr Martens, the first thing that springs to mind, is the British punk style. Docs have that edgy, rock feel to them. There is nothing comical about this shoe, however Dr Martens are releasing a new boot with a playful touch.
Adventure Time is one of the most popular shows on the Cartoon Network. They are soon to be an animated feature on the big screen developed by Warner Bros. If you're not a big kid like me, or don't have any toddlers around, you probably aren't familiar with the story of Adventure Time.
Adventure Time follows the adventures of  Finn (a 12 year old boy) and his best friend Jake (the dog) who fight to protect the Land of Ooo, from the Ice King who is searching for his Princess Bubblegum
As part of Dr. Marten’s STANDFORSOMETHING Spring/Summer 2015 campaign, they have created three styles inspired by the show’s characters—one will feature Jake the dog, the second will feature Finn and the third will be an all-over print of both.


To promote this collaboration, The Cartoon Network set up a 'Bounce Mob' on Carnaby Street. All involved in this attention seeking movement, were given a colourful onsie and a bright pair of Dr Martens. I took part in the fun and bounced along on my space hopper.

 


It was quite a workout bouncing on that thing! I felt my booty tightening up and my thighs working out! I'm glad I could keep this space hopper.. will definitely add it to my home workouts lol. We were fortunate enough to keep the boots too.
How to rock these yellow Docs?!
I definitely can say that these boots are very comfortable. They have a soft bouncy sole and don't feel as heavy as they look. Personally, I think Dr Martens are too masculine for me. I have skinny ankles so find it a little difficult to style, however I have adjusted to rocking them with baggy/floaty pieces of clothing (look-book coming soon).
These new Dr Martens are fun and silly. With the bright colours and animated prints, they call for a laid back playful outfit. If you're a fan of the limited addition boots, you can rock these with  an all black outfit or style them with a subtle spring/summer colour palette.


Style Tip- Fashion and style should always be fun! If you don't enjoy dressing up what's the point!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig