Saturday 11 April 2015

COACHELLA!!!

#BRAIDS&SHADES

 
If you’re in the US, you’re either soaking up some rays or living it up at Coachella!! For those of you who don't know, Coachella is the countries biggest music festival in Cali, kinda the equivalent of Glastonbury or the V festival. Just south of Palm Springs it has almost every genre of music for the 100s and thousands of fans that gather for this event.  Artists such as Chris Brown are performing and celebs are out and about enjoying the festivities! I’m obviously not there (sob) but thought to throw together some light weight hippy-esk, boho inspired outfits seen as we’re experiencing some sunshine of our own this week.
I braided my hair a couple weeks back and I've secretly been channelling my inner Solange. These braids have me wanting to wear extra floaty pieces and tie-dye prints. Like Solange, I have been trying to reach for brighter colours and Aztec patterns, however my wardrobe doesn't have anything like this (yet). So with Coachella in mind I have opted for some accessible outfits, that are easy to wear for 20 degree weather!
Look 1.
 
TOP- H&M
JEANS- Vintage (customised by me)
SANDALS- United Footwear
GLASSES- Vintage Fair


 
A simple vest top is definitely ideal for hot weather. With this tee being so plain, I teamed it with a pair of distressed jeans and gladiator sandals. These two items of clothing definitely jazz up the look without creating any discomfort. A little fanny pack is also perfect to carry...a great size for all of your mini essentials!

 Look 2.
TOP- H&M
TROUSERS- H&M
BAG- Cow Vintage
GLASSES- Downtown LA



 
 I love these long cullotte-esk trousers. They're super comfortable and really carry off a boho chic vibe! I chose a similar shaped top to compliment them. This bottle green crop top is also comfy, light-weight and quite floaty. I went for matching accessories by carrying a tartan green backpack.

 LOOK 3.
JUMPSUIT- Primark
TRAINERS- Market
GLASSES- Bricklane


 
One of my all time favourite pieces to wear is a jumpsuit. I snagged this bargain at Primark a year ago and it is still the first option when reaching for one of my 'go to' pieces! It's so easy to wear. I literally can throw it on and not worry about a thing. This jumpsuit in particular is a thinner denim, so it proves to be more suitable for summertime. For a feminine look, tying the drawstring at the waistline will completely switch up the feel.
Let me know which of these looks you would wear and which is your favourite! Comment below!
 
STYLE TIP- When shopping, look for stylish pieces, it makes it easier to 'throw' things together and create an easy breazy look :)
 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love them all!

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you styled your hair too.
    How come you don't have bloglovin or GFC? Would have loved to follow you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey beaut, thanks so much! i'll get on bloglovin or GFC... didn't know about them lol

      Delete

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig