Friday 14 August 2015

Weekend Away!!

#LondonLife


Time spent away from the pressures of life is always time well spent. This past weekend I decided to take a little trip down to London to catch up with friends and support my homegirl at her fashion gig.

FRIDAY was a fun-filled day chilling in the sun with my girl Julda. We ate, shopped, laughed and caught up on everything. I always wear basic comfortable clothing when taking the train ride, just so I don't have to worry about trying to look "cute".
I went for an all black plain fit, wearing an oversized men's top and some skinny jeans. I found these super comfortable flats in the summer sale and threw them on too. To add a bit of charisma, I accessorised with a green hat and some shades.










HAT- Forever 21
TOP- River Island (men's)
JEANS- Topshop
SHOES- River Island
BAG- Southampton Market
Glasses- EBay


I'm a big fan of Thai food, so Julda took me to Busaba Eathai on Bond St. A nice little restaurant to relax, eat, drink and be merry :). I ordered my usual Pad Thai, with a side dish of calamari. It was delicious. I washed it all down with Koh Samui (a mango, coconut and carrot juice combo)...so yummy!

I had to do a little shopping being that I was on Oxford St. I found a few steals and stacked up on beauty products. Julda and I strolled around Selfridges trying on perfumes and testing all the designer makeup, the usual girly stuff lol. If you caught my snaps you would've have seen the amount of giggles we had (shameless plug...follow me on snapchat: annies-world):-D
It really is a blessing when you can completely let your hair down with friends knowing there's no judgement, expectation or hidden agendas.




 Saturday morning I headed out to meet Julda to support our friend Sylvia at African Fashion Week. Being that I am a huge fan of London Fashion Week with the hopes to visit New York, Paris and Milan Fashion Week, I was looking forward to  seeing the African designers do their thing; held at the Olympia in Kensington.
I wanted to wear some type of African inspired ensemble, but it didn't work out so I opted for something fun! I pulled out my favourite vibrant boyfriend blazer, paired it with an embellished top and wore some high waisted wide leg jeans. These recycled heels worked a treat and tied the whole outfit together.


BLAZER- Charity Shop
TOP- A Gift
JEANS- Oasis Market
SHOES- United Footwear



 There were plenty of stalls set out to showcase designs made by local designers. Beauty products were available to purchase and live music to entertain, whilst queuing up for food. I was fortunate enough to sneak backstage to see some of the preparations. The models were stunning, especially the male models...they looked like mannequins. Very dark in skin complexion, very tall in height and very built in physique. The overall experience was different to what I expected. I enjoyed my company, networked with new faces and spotted a nice amount of industry people. I was quite impressed with a select few designers dying to get my hands on their collection and was particularly blown away by a dress made out of hair (pictured right).
 Sunday I headed over to my BFF's place to simply catch up. We talked about work, careers, relationships, friendships, future plans and dreams. It was very therapeutic. Sometimes life throws you curve balls all at once and it can be so overwhelming. To know that you have people in your life that will support you in those situations and help you in your time of need is a 100% blessing. I always turn to God and get on my hands and knees to pray, but when you don't even have the strength to talk to God, those friends that are there to hug you, encourage you and spoil you with a few treats (to at least change your mood), really makes a whole lot of difference! :)

STYLE TIP- Have an open heart, soul and mind.. expect the worse and hope for the best! Take a little time off to refocus and don't forget to always surround yourself with like-minded people!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. the orange blazer/dad jeans look - yasss #hereforit

    ReplyDelete

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig