Friday 20 November 2015

STYLING!!

HEY LOVE-BUGS!


I'm back with a new post... this is long over due! To all my loyal readers, sorry to disappear for such a period of time. It's been a little hectic over the last couple weeks trying to sort my life out. I hope everyone is well adjusted to the Autumn weather and preparing for Christmas do's! I have a lot of beauty, style and make-up tips to share throughout this season!

So, while I have been M.I.A on the blogging scene, I managed to do an impromptu shoot with blogger, model and YouTube guru Miss Breeny Lee. I met Breeny about a year or 2 ago briefly through one of my best friends. She is very striking and has bone structure for dayssss! Naturally I was drawn to her look, especially her beautiful skin tone wanting to (at some point) style her. The opportunity presented itself and we made magic!!

The initial plan was to do an epic on location photo-shoot ,where I had complete creative freedom to style Breeny. We went for a simplistic approach instead due to conflicting schedules and timing. The end result was still pretty fly. 

  • BLACK BARBIE




JACKET- No Name Brand
TOP- Primark
JEANS- Oasis Market 
SHIRT- Descamps
SHOES- Primark
GLASSES- Giantvinatge.com
BAG- SkinnyDip London



I immediately knew how I wanted to style Breeny Lee. I catered to her features, skin tone and body type. I opted for this beautiful faux wax leather fluorescent pink jacket, as the statement piece, knowing it would compliment her perfectly. I chose to use a simple trendy look with a twist. 
High-waisted jeans never go wrong and are always flattering for the figure. These pale denim (dad) jeans sat in the right places effortlessly. I tied and extra long white linen shirt around her waist, paired it with a dusty grey crop and completed the look with holographic heels. Accessorising with over the top specs and a milk carton to add to this playful fit.

  • AFRO-PUNK




JACKET- Oasis Market
TOP-Next
HAREMS- EBay
SOCKS- River Island
SHOES- (Unknown)
CHOKER- River Island


I was inspired by the Autumn leaves when I initially put this look together. I wanted there to be a ruffles, excessive material and an earthy colour palette. I opted for a 'too cool for school' kind of look instead and threw together a punky outfit. 
This lose fitting orange top worked well against the burnt orange denim jacket. I specifically reached for a pair of drop crotch leggings to emphasise the androgyny in this ensemble. To break up the colour palette I accessorised these aqua blue, snake print socks and added a velvet black choker.
  

  • NEW ORLEANS





GILLET- MissGuided
TOP- Newlook
SKIRT- H&M
SOCKS- Primark
SHOES- (Unknown)

I envisioned colour, texture and print for this particular look. I wanted to create something fussy yet wearable. I decided to team similar prints and textures together in a slightly alternative way. 
I loved that the horizontal stripes in the top, still complimented the thick mesh in the skirt. I matched this combo by using fishnet white socks. The oversized orange gillet was the perfect fit to break up this monochromatic look. Although I am yet to visit New Orleans, this look (to me) had that essence.

STYLE TIP- Stay (mentally, spiritually and physically) colourful, creative and confident!!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig