Friday 4 December 2015

NUDES AND NEUTRALS

Basic items along with neutral colours are a great basis to work around a statement piece of clothing! 

I am a sucker for soft colour palettes as well as pastel colours. It (for me) is the epitome of femininity, along with floaty textures. Silks, satins and delicate furs teamed with heavy denim or leather-like materials, creates a cool edgy look. I love the idea of mixing the two to create some androgyny. 
Although I enjoy bringing a little drama to an outfit, I mainly like to keep it simple with class, minimalism and faint masculinity.
With cream, taupe, tan, nudes and neutrals (black, white and grey) it is so easy to dash a bit of colour or texture in, to brighten or dress up a look. 
These 3 looks I decided to leave the drama at home and wore each item as is.

THE ONESIE


JUMPSUIT- EBay
NECKLACE- H&M
SHOES- EBay
RINGS/BRACELET- H&M



This is the kind of look that can easily be altered to your liking. A simple jumpsuit like this is wearable in all seasons, created for any body shape or size and ready to throw on for any occasion. 
I decided to dress this up by putting on a few accessories and added heels to lengthen my body. I purchased it 2 sizes bigger for comfort reasons, however it stills hangs nicely. If worn at the correct size, the leg of the harems would be a lot more fitted and every where else would hug my shape.
Adding a belt to cinch in the waist... a blazer to bring in some structure or even worn with trainers and a bomber jacket for a sporty look!

THE MAXI


DRESS- H&M
SHOES- Merry Hill
CHOKER-River Island 



Another easy outfit to work around is this taupe maxi dress. I styled it with a velvet choker and a pair of knee high block heeled boots. This look is also accessible to all shapes and sizes and can be altered to your liking. A voluptuous figure would fill out this dress perfectly allowing the dress to hang onto every curve. It is just as flattering for a tall slim model-esk type figure...worn with stiletto heels, hair scrapped up into a top-knot with dramatic earrings, completed with a tight fitted jacket worn on the shoulders! Honey the pavement is your catwalk!!

THE TAILOR


JACKET- Vintage
BODYSUIT- AQAQ
TROUSERS- Wallis
TRAINERS- United Footwear



A basic suit can be worn in many different ways depending on your creativity. We tend to see a suit and think 'formal wear' or 'work attire' but I like to wear mine with flats. It allows me to feel chic, comfortable yet slightly dressed up.
I teamed a nude body suit with a pair of beige trousers and pulled this vintage taupe blazer out my closet to wear over the top. A simple t-shirt or crew neck jumper would dress this look completely down. A blouse or fitted shirt worn with heels would dress this look up.
A blazer and a great pair of tailored trousers should be in your wardrobe as part of the basic pieces to work around. This look with a change of shoe, a few accessories and the right clutch will take you from day to night real quick :)

STYLE TIP- Basics and neutrals are a MUST!! They will change your life...esp for those days you think you have nothing to wear! hehe

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Loved all the looks, but you already know my favourite look. Number 3 all the way for me. And thanks for the style tip (I really need to start doing that)

    www.chichicaramel.com

    ReplyDelete

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig