Saturday 16 January 2016

WORK WEAR

The Trusty Turtle-Neck!



While the English weather has gone from mild to minus, my attire has become pretty boring. There are plenty of ways to stay stylish whilst staying warm, so in this case I have decided to stick to what I know best... THE TURTLE NECK. Wearing a turtle neck has always been a security blanket of mine, it's chic, simple, warm and pretty much works for every occasion.


Having the luxury of wearing all black to work, a turtle neck (while its cold) is my first choice.



Working as part of the front of house team at a local restaurant, requires me to look presentable, neat and tidy. I usually like to wear feminine floaty trousers with a soft chiffon blouse, but the weather has completely messed up my flow! I have no intention of feeling the slightest bit of draft as customers wonder in and out of the restaurant so the turtle neck is here to stay! I ensure it is fitted, to tuck neatly into my thick-ish straight cut trousers. A ballet flat usually is ideal for this ensemble channelling Audrey Hepburn, but no girl, I can't have my feet feeling the breeze either. I opted for a pair of patent black boots. 







As some of you may know I work as a freelance wardrobe stylist but, I also have that "side hustle" to keep the extra change jingling in my pocket. 
My working situation is a temporary means while I continue to build for my future goals and accomplishments. We sometimes allow ourselves to get slightly comfortable in our "temporary" situations whether it be procrastination, fear or laziness that ties us to not putting our complete effort and passion into the full time dream!

It's so easy to look at what others are doing and think that they have it easy, but they too have the same 24 hours in a day that you are given. 

The most important part of being on the road to success is the journey. Learning, growing, experiencing and even failing, prepares you and shapes you for the bigger blessings coming your way. Be patient with yourself... Rome was not built in a day! 



Enjoy your journey, take advantage of opportunities, throw yourself in the deep end, be a little more aggressive, ASK for help! Don't let pride stop you from getting to where it is you want to be!
Sometimes quitting the side hustle needs to be done. You may even have to sacrifice living comfortably to see the change you want. Stay true to yourself, be real with yourself and NEVER give up on you! Plan, focus and commit to the dream. Know that it will happen, even if you're unsure of when, always believe that you CAN and WILL make it happen... as soon as you believe in ALL of you, there's no stopping you!

STYLE TIP-  Dress like you've already made it!!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig