Wednesday 21 June 2017

FAITH, FEAR & FASHION

Hey Lovelies, back with a new post!!


Over the last couple months the reoccurring message I find myself coming across is what we choose to do with fear and faith. 
This post was actually prompted by a message my pastor spoke on quite recently and it all ties into my where my thoughts have been, so I'm here to share :)

FAITH- 'THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS UNSEEN'

This definition is very self explanatory but somehow we fail to tap into the where faith stems from... hope! Without hope is it possible to believe? Without belief, is it possible for you to have faith? 
My faith is rooted in my relationship with God. I find that not only praying to a being that I have not seen with my own eyes or felt with my bare hands, brings about a strong sense of hope that regardless he hears me when I pray and answers my call. Now I'm not trying to get all religious on y'all :) however it's how I best describe the unknown... because essentially that IS what faith is '...the evidence of things unseen'. 
Believing in something that has not yet happened or even seems possible, brings about a conviction that it CAN and WILL happen.  That decision transpires through your activity.You begin to work towards those hopes/dreams and prepare with expectancy.  Although it may not happen right away, it usually does happen when it's meant to happen. I say all of this to say we have all been put on this earth for a purpose, knowing what your purpose is, is another story haha, however it is important that we don't lose sight of that... your faith in your purpose should never waver.
Our day to day activities, encounters etc a lot of the time throw us off course, which can weaken us on the journey to our destiny. Fear is a big part of that. With fear comes doubt, intimidation, anxiety...


FEAR- 'FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL

The thoughts that tend to consume our minds when we are going for that life changing interview or the decision to ask the love of our lives to marry us... is all in our head. We almost talk ourselves down and let the negativity, the 'what ifs' seep in and damage the potential to be walking into something great. 

There is a saying that I try to live by 'feel the fear and do it anyway'. It truly is the best way to overcome those thoughts in your head because that is where fear tries to grip you... your mind. I find that it is a 'mind over matter' type matter.   To combat these thoughts, your faith must be at an all time high! If you can be brave enough to take that 1st step, I can almost guarantee you the rest of the way won't be as intimidating... its making that very 1st move that sometimes requires the most strength, confidence and vigour. With that being said, don't let yourself get in the way of what's out there waiting for you.


Just like fashion, life repeats itself. Sometimes you have to learn the same lesson(s) before you can move onto the next stage of your life. My dear friend Tim reminds throughout a lot of reoccurring instances, that my character is being built. In order for things to be different and things to change for the best, we have mini tests that need to be passed! These tests need that 10/10 past rate... ain't no 6/10 bih! Just like a great outfit, you can't wear it twice unless you switch it up! Fashion fades and style is eternal... if you want to be laced in style (individual, authentic, fearless) you can't be fading with fear and repeating outfits, there is more to us!

STYLE TIP- Fear is a fashion don't... choose Faith as your staple piece!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© ANNES.FASHION.FLAIR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig